As a long time manufacturer of weighing equipment for the cereal processing industry, Thayer Scale has extensive process experience and engineering expertise to design a weigh feeder or scale to meet a customer’s particular process need. By providing a full line of SANITARY feeders, THAYER is able to meet most any food processing requirement.
Thayer Scale has been serving Fortune 500 food manufacturers—including many major North American cereal processors— for nearly seventy years. Our commitment to innovation and technical advancement helps us produce highly-accurate equipment that can be seamlessly integrated into a plant’s DCS and PLC systems. We understand the cereal industry’s unique sanitary and safety requirements related to cross-contamination and finished-product size, and continually refine our equipment to ensure it exceeds industry standards. For decades, our experienced engineers have collaborated with customers to integrate our weigh feeders and scales into existing systems, or to design and build custom equipment.
Thayer Scale’s weighing equipment for cereal manufacturers includes:
- Designed specifically for light-density products of various shapes, sizes, and fragility with applications ranging from high-capacity base flakes to lower-capacity additive ingredients
- Machines that use standard designs but are modified as open- or closed-construction with custom lengths and widths to accommodate the process area footprint
- Sanitary options
- Single- or twin-screw
- Vibratory pan or rotary feeder
- Feed rates from grams/minute to tons/hour
Flexible conveyor belt scale designs for narrow to wide belts and loading of extremely light material
Hopper and silo discharge solutions
- Created to ensure precise, uninterrupted flow of materials that bridge or rathole