Thayer Scale’s state-of-the-art material test center enables our customers to evaluate trial runs on volumetric and gravimetric feeding equipment, and to benefit from our engineering team’s deep technical expertise. At the test center, a dedicated technician helps customers replicate industrial processing conditions to assess and resolve any material handling difficulties. Our test center is particularly useful for clients who are (1) new to volumetric or gravimetric feeders, (2) verifying feeder performance and/or accuracy, (3) using new materials, or (4) consistently experiencing material feeding problems.
Request a Material Test
Whether it is interest in our product lines, a new process challenge or a current issue, we thank you for allowing Thayer Scale to help you identify a solution for your process feeding challenges. We draw on our seventy-plus years of conducting material tests coupled with our extensive field experience to resolve some of the most challenging problems our customers have encountered and are confident we can do the same for you.
Dry-Particulate Feeder Testing
A 2,000 square foot (186m2) test center dedicated to dry particulate feeders resides within our manufacturing facility.
- Product application and performance testing with user-supplied materials
- High ceilings to accommodate large-capacity supply bins and automated material handling devices
Thayer Scale’s team of material application engineers helps clients:
Analyze material handling characteristics
Select durable and cost-efficient feeder and instrumentation applications
Define and calculate material properties, including:
- Material form
- Particle size
- Bulk density
- Optimal feeder settings (e.g., angle of repose, hopper wall angle)
Gravimetric and Volumetric Feeders
The test center provides access to Thayer Scale gravimetric and volumetric feeders.
Clients may experiment with:
- Loss-in-weight feeders with auger and vibratory dischargers
- Weigh belt feeders
- A range of specialized and proprietary flow aids
Verified Material Testing
Material test data helps users verify accuracy and assess equipment performance; video recording of all testing is available at no charge, upon request.
Thayer Scale’s testing facility enables:
- Flow rates up to 1,000 pounds/hour (~450 kilograms/hour) with automated catch sampling
- Flow rates of up to 5,000 pounds/hour (~2,270 kilograms/hour) with manual sampling
- Documented test-result reports available through our data acquisition system