Thayer Scale, with nearly seventy years of experience, offers the broadest range of loss in weight feeder systems of any manufacturer. Each of our high-performing loss-in-weight feeders provides precision-class accuracy and repeatability in demanding and strenuous process environments.
Thayer Scale’s loss-in-weight feeders come in a variety of sizes and shapes, and can incorporate various volumetric feeding devices to suit the process’s material-handling characteristics and flow rates. (Flow rates may be as slow as two grams/minute and as fast as 100,000 pounds/hour.) We offer a powerful set of proprietary add-on accessories designed to solve problematic flow issues, such as bridging, flushing, adhesion, and cohesion. In addition, our instrumentation has powerful software routines specifically aimed at optimizing a feeder’s performance, such as output compensation, disturbance control, linearization, temperature compensation, and automated calibrations.
Our loss-in weight feeders provide:
- Extended operating range
- Durable scales that withstand abuse
- A single load cell that can be accessed and/or replaced without removing the feeder/weigh hopper
- Flexible mounting options: floor-mounted, rotating, stationary, wheeled, forklift-based, suspended
- Fast access for cleaning
- Screw augers that can be changed without tools
- Damage-free handling of delicate and/or fragile materials