AC Output Power Control Assembly (PCA)
The PCA is a basic analog Drive Controller package. As such, it will be necessary to provide the required operator interface controls or equivalent input contacts.
- Hand-Off-Remote Selector Switch or Contacts
- Hand Speed Adjust Potentiometer
- Remote Speed Adjust Signal
- Hand Start Push Button or Contact
- Hand Stop Push Button or Contact
- Remote Enable Push Button or Contact
- Remote Stop Push Button or Contact
- Emergency Stop Push Button or Contact
This assembly is also equipped with several outputs and report back contacts that can be used to monitor the status of the PCA.
- Instrument Interlock (Used for Thayer Scale Instruments)
- Drive Enabled/Stopped Contacts
- Remote Mode Selected Contact
- Electronic Drive Module Fault Contacts
- Optically Isolated Drive Module Output Contacts (See User Manual for Details)
- Drive in Hand Mode Contact (Requires optional operator station)
- Drive in Remote Mode Contact (Requires optional operator interface)
- Programmable Electronic Drive Module Analog Output (See User Manual for Details)
- Communication Port, RS485 (DSI)
The PCA is available with many standard and optional features, such as; open chassis and enclosed style options, Local/Remote Operator Station options (Refer to Table #1 for more details on these features) and communication options. Each assembly contains Protective Fusing, Input/Output Connection Terminal Strip, Electronic Drive Controller, Motor Starter and other related components needed to complete a basic analog drive controller package. Enclosed styles include a Locking Enclosure Power Disconnect and for safety reasons open chassis styles requires the installer provides an external locking disconnect.