HWF Hygienic Weigh Feeder
The HWF Hygienic Weigh Feeder is designed to provide a flow rate measurement solution for the enhanced food safety processing segment. The Model HWF Hygienic Weigh Feeder is specifically engineered to accurately measure the rate of flow, control the rate of flow or dose conveyed, in-process bulk materials for food safety segments that require strict adherence to 3-A standards including, IQF vegetables, ready to eat food service, meat processing, poultry processing, cheese conversion (shred, grate), seafood, and high meat inclusion premium pet food. Thayer Scale developed the Hygienic Weigh Feeder to help the sanitary space meet the challenges of this new era of smarter food safety initiatives.
- The HWF is designed and built in accordance with the applicable provisions of NAMI (North American Meat Institute), 3-A, NSF and USDA specifications for industry segments that require compliance with food traceability rules and food safety plans.
- Designed with the HACCP approach of minimizing the risk of biological, chemical and physical hazards to help the sanitary space meet the challenges of this new era of smarter food safety initiatives.
- Tolerate high pressure, high-temperature sanitation evolutions without calibration drift or compromising measurement sensitivity.
- Optimizes sanitation efficacy with reduced chemical usage, water consumption and labor.
- Brand protection.
- Prevent loss of reputation.
- Provide a long-term, low cost of ownership with rugged, “Built-to-Survive” construction.
Targeted Industry Segments
- IQF (Individual Quick Frozen) Vegetables
- Red Meat Processing
- Poultry Processing
- Ready to Eat Food Service
- Cheese Conversion (Shred / Grate)
- Fresh-Cut Fruits and Vegetables
HWF Key Design Features
- Stainless steel construction.
- Material contact surfaces;
- As smooth as RA 0.8 (micrometers) / RMS 32μ-inch.
- Free of pits, cracks, porosities and scratches.
- Continuous full penetration welds free of pits, cracks, and crevices and no undercut.
- Corners ground or formed to ¼-inch (6.35 mm) radius with equal finish to adjacent surfaces.
- Seams ground flush, as good or better than 32μ-inch.
- No bearings.
- Lubrication free components.
- Cantilevered conveyor (facilitates endless belt removal / installation).
- Gasketed joints between component subassembly components.
- Certified hygienic (EHEDG Type EL Class I AUX) 316-SS assembly hardware featuring round heads, self-draining surfaces with a maximum roughness of 0.8 µm Ra, and blue nitrile sealing rings.
- Scanning / Vision system detectable blue gaskets, belting, head pulley lagging, belt cleaner blade and belt supports.
- Self-draining surfaces.
- Major assemblies readily removable without tools and can be disassembled with basic hand tools for deep cleaning, microbiological assessment and/or pathogen testing.