SCR/DC Output Power Control Assembly (PCA)
The Thayer Power Control Assembly (PCA) is designed to accept standard AC Power Sources.
This unit takes the incoming AC line voltage and converts it to an adjustable DC voltage by means of an SCR controller. The DC voltage’s amplitude is controlled by either a manual speed potentiometer or by remote current signal. The adjustable DC voltage is capable of controlling conventional shunt wound or permanent magnet DC motors.
The controller may be used in applications within the following ranges:
- – PCA-115 1/4 – 1 Horsepower at 115 VAC single phase input
- PCA-230 1/2 – 2 Horsepower at 230 VAC single phase input
- Note: At input voltages higher than specified above, see factory for details.
The PCA is a basic analog drive controller package. As such, it may be necessary to provide a number of required operator controls or equivalent user contacts.
The control functions are as follows:
- Hand / Remote Switch or Contacts
- Hand Speed Adjust Potentiometer
- Remote Speed Adjust Signal (1 – 5 mA or 4 – 20 mA)
- Hand Start Push Button, Switch or Contact
- Hand Stop Push Button, Switch or Contact
- Remote Start Push Button, Switch or Contact
- Remote Stop Push Button, Switch or Contact
The PCA is available in a Nema 4 or 4X wall mount enclosure, or as an open chassis unit designed for panel mounting. (refer to figures 3 and 4) This unit consists of an SCR Controller, Locking Power Disconnect Switch, Motor Starter and other related components needed to complete a basic analog drive controller package.