Designed for Accurate, Reliable and Repeatable Measurement
Rugged material handling of polystyrene ceiling tiles, pre-pressed OSB/MDF or gypsum wall board mat stream.
- Counterbalancing of Dead Loads up to 5,000 pounds ensures accurate Net Load measurements as low as 0-25 pounds.
- Rugged construction, built to survive.
- Accurate reliable measurements (<.25%) allow continual process adjustments to maintain products specifications.
- Ensures continuous panel uniformity and quality.
- Process adjustments reduce probabilities of making off-spec product, eliminating waste and boosting profits.
- Keep forming lines weights, densities and inventory under tighter control.
- Simple installation, custom manufactured to fit seamlessly into new or existing production lines.
- Quick and easy to calibrate, maintain and operate.
Thayer Scale’s new-generation Mat Weigher has been specifically designed to accurately weigh a continuous, stream of material such as polystyrene ceiling tiles, pre-pressed OSB/MDF or gypsum wall board mat stream. The weighing systems provides an accurate and repeatable load measurement that can be used to make intelligent forming system adjustments allowing the operator to monitor and/or control the density of the material flowing to the forming machines, as well as the weight of the formed mat, improving overall board quality and reducing the amount of off-spec board produced.
THAYER Mat Weigher consists of a Force Measurement Suspension System (FMSS) interposed between a live, multi-idler weigh bridge and weight transducer(s). The FMSS is a moment-sensitive reaction device that functions as a force vector filter; allowing the sum of vertically directed load forces to produce a change in measurement output while blocking all of the extraneous horizontal force vectors (belt tension, friction, torsional forces, etc.) that produce measurement non-repeatability and calibration drift. The FMSS also provides a means to mass counter-balance all dead load (weight of weigh bridge, idlers, belt, etc.) and provide overload capability so that load cell selection can be made based on the NET, rather than GROSS requirements of the application. This unique design provides a low cost of ownership as the weight transducer can be inspected and/or replaced without first having to remove the weigh bridge. The Mat Weigher ensures high accuracy, repeatability and reliability, quick calibration and easy installation even inside existing lines.
Thayer Scale is a leading global manufacturer of equipment for the continuous weighing industry. Founded in 1949, we provide engineered solutions for the food, energy and building products, and chemical and industrial industries. Our unyielding focus on product line specialization enables us to design and develop market-leading conveyor belt scales and gravimetric feeders.