Thayer Scale, a global leader in industrial weighing technology, needs an experienced Full-Time Welder to join our team. We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
General supervision is provided by Manufacturing Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- All behaviors comply with the Code of Conduct & Rules outlined by the Thayer Scale employee handbook
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Able to pass welding qualification test
- Ability to read and interpret shop drawings and blueprints
- Working knowledge of weld symbols
- Ability to operate overhead cranes, jib cranes, tow motors and other material handling equipment
- Understand various edge preps before welding
- Maintains work area in neat, clean and organized condition
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Observes all safety regulations and practices
- Contributes to Continuous Improvement
- High School Diploma or GED
OTHER REQUIRED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
When required provide technical assistance to other company support staff in completion of their duties and responsibilities.
Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Vocational/Trade School Diploma; or
- Certificate Program; or
- Two – Three Years of related experience
Employee competencies are: Job Knowledge, Teamwork, Customer Service, Flexibility and Work Ethic.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Organizational and management practices as applied to the analysis and evaluation of programs, policies and operational needs.
- Continuous Improvement tools such as Lean or TQM.
- Responsibilities in satisfying and remedying customer needs, desires and problem areas.
- Analyzing problems preferably using structured problem-solving techniques.
- Identifying alternative solutions.
- Projecting consequences of proposed actions.
- Implementing recommendations in support of department goals.
- Interpret and apply company policy and rules.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Operating Industrial Equipment.
- Pass a medical, physical examination and drug test
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include the following:
Sitting, standing or crouching for extended periods of time.
Occasionally work on elevated platforms.
Occasionally lift objects up to 75 pounds.
Occasionally work in a variety of industrial environments (hazards and filth extremes).
ABOUT THAYER SCALE
Thayer Scale – Hyer Industries is a privately held manufacturing & technology company, specializing in the manufacturing of equipment used for the continuous weighing and feeding of bulk materials for a wide variety of industries. The company has one of the longest uninterrupted operating records for engineering and manufacturing specialized continuous weighing and feeding equipment in the United States. Founded in 1949 in a garage in Rockland, Massachusetts and relocated shortly thereafter to the neighboring town of Pembroke on the south shore of Massachusetts, the company has maintained its original business philosophy, product line specialization, and operating structure for more than a half century. Employee turn-over has consistently been very low permitting the company to develop a highly experienced workforce in each functional area of the business. This high degree of stability, continuity of leadership and laser-sharp product focus has been fundamental to the continued technical advancement of our uniquely designed conveyor belt scales and gravimetric feeders. It has allowed the company to grow from its early roots to its position today as one of the global leaders in the continuous weighing industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, short term and long-term disability, life insurance, and 401(k) with company match.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com