Website ThayerScale Thayer Scale - Hyer Industries, Inc.
Thayer Scale, a global leader in industrial weighing technology, needs an experienced Mechanical Assembler to join our team. We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Mounts and connects auxiliary, mechanical, electrical, electronic, pneumatic or hydraulic equipment.
- Drills, taps, or reams holes, using drill press or portable drill.
- Aligns components, and bolts, screws, or rivets them together, using hand tools or portable powered tools.
- Installs moving parts, such as shafts, levers, or bearings, and works them to test free movement.
- May align and mesh gears in gearbox to assemble system of gears.
- May operate drill presses, punch presses to assist in assembly operation.
Required Skills / Qualifications
- Must be able to read and work from drawings, schematics and verbal instructions
- Maintains work area in neat, clean and organized condition
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Observes all safety regulations and practices
- Contributes to Continuous Improvement
- High School Diploma or GED
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range – $ 16.00 – $ 19.00 Per Hour
ABOUT THAYER SCALE
Thayer Scale – Hyer Industries is a privately held manufacturing & technology company, specializing in the manufacturing of equipment used for the continuous weighing and feeding of bulk materials for a wide variety of industries. The company has one of the longest uninterrupted operating records for engineering and manufacturing specialized continuous weighing and feeding equipment in the United States. Founded in 1949 in a garage in Rockland, Massachusetts and relocated shortly thereafter to the neighboring town of Pembroke on the south shore of Massachusetts, the company has maintained its original business philosophy, product line specialization, and operating structure for more than a half century. Employee turn-over has consistently been very low permitting the company to develop a highly experienced workforce in each functional area of the business. This high degree of stability, continuity of leadership and laser-sharp product focus has been fundamental to the continued technical advancement of our uniquely designed conveyor belt scales and gravimetric feeders. It has allowed the company to grow from its early roots to its position today as one of the global leaders in the continuous weighing industry.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com