Thayer Scale, a global leader in industrial weighing technology, needs an energetic, motivated individual to join our Field Service Team. In this role, you will service our customers at multiple job sites. This position will direct and assist others to maintain quality, quantity, work flow and environmental compliance.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this job title. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Correct service-related issues and provide training to customers in the use and maintenance of Thayer Scale equipment at customer job sites. Assist and supervise the start-up of new or upgraded equipment installation orders at customer job sites. Ensure customer satisfaction with performance, operation and maintenance of all products manufactured by Thayer Scale by providing prompt, courteous and thorough service assistance.
General supervision is provided by the Service Manager, Service Technicians and Service Engineers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- All behaviors comply with the Code of Conduct & Rules outlined by the Thayer Scale employee handbook.
- Repair and correct equipment problems at customer job sites.
- Assist and supervise installation of new or upgraded equipment orders at customer job sites.
- Adjust and/or modify Thayer Scale equipment as required to meet the customer’s process needs.
- Train customer personnel in the use, operation and maintenance of Thayer Scale equipment.
- Document and co-ordinate the services performed, including trip, expense and labor reports.
- Submit suggestions for improvements to Thayer Scale equipment.
- Provide technical telephone support and follow–up for customer call-ins.
- Assist in documenting customer’s needs or requests for forwarding to Sales or Parts departments.
- Extensive domestic travel and occasional foreign travel is required.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license in good standing.
OTHER REQUIRED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
When required provide assistance to other company staff in completion of their daily duties.
Respond to emergency situations; make travel arrangements and coordinate service visit.
Other service and company related duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Vocational/Trade School Diploma with three years of field related experience, or:
Certificate Program (Electro/Mechanical type) with two years of field related experience, or:
Associates Degree in Engineering with one year of field related experience, or:
Three years of related experience in industrial controls, maintenance and repair or equivalent.
Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
Employee competencies are: Job Knowledge, Teamwork, Customer Service, Flexibility and Work Ethic.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic personal protective safety equipment knowledge.
- Basic technical products knowledge.
- Basic electrical knowledge.
- Basic mechanical knowledge.
- Basic blueprint interpretation knowledge.
- Basic hand and power tool usage knowledge.
- Basic test and measurement equipment knowledge.
- Good communication skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office Products).
- Work on-call.
- Travel for extended periods of time (days).
- Interpret and apply company policy and rules.
- Respond to emergency situations regardless of time.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Perform duties while exposed to dirt, temperature extremes and other adverse working conditions.
- Pass a medical physical examination and drug test.
- Work safely in industrial environments and abide by customer policies
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for:
- Making observations.
- Reading and writing.
- Communicating with others.
- Operating industrial equipment.
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include the following:
- Sitting, standing or crouching for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally work on elevated platforms.
- Occasionally lift objects up to 75 pounds.
- Occasionally work in a variety of industrial environments (hazards and filth extremes).
- Occasionally work out doors in all weather conditions (temperature and humidity extremes).
ABOUT THAYER SCALE
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, short term and long-term disability, life insurance, and 401(k) with company match.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com