THAYER Powder Feeder™ Model PFM-S
Patented system that assures reliable metering. The patented Thayer Scale “U-Trough” hopper and feed section provides the first practical and economical means for metering difficult powders. The geometry of the trough and agitator effectively de-aerate and contain the powder on initial fill to help prevent flooding. Independently driven agitator maintains optimum material conditioning while screw speed can vary to control flow rate. Material does not build up within the trough or within the continuous screw tube, preventing blinding or erratic feed. This combination along with a vast selection of screw sizes and types allows material to be fed with an accuracy of ±1.0 to 2% of set rate.
- Easily “no tools” removable trough front cover plate provides a safe and quick access for cleaning.
- Instant release of feed screw is ideally suited for industries that require rapid clean out and product change.
- Feed Rate: Up to 25 ft3/hr (0.70 m3/hr) at a material bulk density of 50 lbs/ft3 (0.8 gr/cm3). Consult factory for higher feed rates.
- Screw Sizes: range from 1.0″ Ø. (variable pitch) to 2.0″ Ø (variable pitch) solid flight or open helix with center through shaft.
- Hopper Capacity: 2.25 fT3 hopper expandable to 9.75 fT3 with hopper extensions.
- Feeder Drive: 0.75 to 1.5 HP max.
- Variable speed DC motor, 90 or 180V armature, TENV.
- Variable speed AC TEFC, Inverter Duty, 230 or 460 motor available.
- Wash Down, Chemical Duty and Explosion Proof available.
- Trough Agitator: Independently driven, constant speed, horizontal mount with 0.5 HP, (0.37 kW AC motor 230/460) Continuously conditions material to aid in deaeration & maintain a uniform bulk density.
- Material Contact Surface: Electro-polish (material contact parts) or mill finish 304 and 316 Stainless Steel, other finishes available.
- Non-Material Contact Surfaces: Carbon steel painted with primer and industrial grade enamel paint (special coatings and stainless steel available upon request).
- Temperature Range-Material: 32°F (0°C) to 130°F (55°C) standard.
- Consult factory for other temperatures.
- Accuracy: ±1.0 to 2% of set rate @ 2 sigma based on thirty, 1 minute samples.
- Sanitary Construction
Hazardous Area Modifications
- Includes UL/CSA approved explosion proof motors