Website ThayerScale Thayer Scale - Hyer Industries, Inc.
Thayer Scale-Hyer Industries, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of equipment for the continuous weighing and feeding of bulk materials for over 70 years, is looking for a full time Purchasing & Inventory Control Manager to join our team. This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this job title. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
If you are a Materials and Purchasing Manager and looking for an opportunity to grow, Thayer Scale has an opening for you! Responsible for the effective sourcing, negotiation, purchasing, and inventory management of indirect materials and spare parts. Oversees, standardizes, and continually improves stockroom activities including buying, receiving, inventory controls, physical inventory counts, safety standards, and resource planning to ensure accurate, in-stock inventory and timely issue resolution. Leads interactions with suppliers and internal departments to identify and capture cost savings productivity opportunities. Gathers, analyzes, and reports data in pursuit of best-in-class purchasing and inventory management.
General supervision is provided by the Vice President of Manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All behaviors comply with the Code of Conduct & Rules outlined by the Thayer Scale employee handbook.
- Detail Oriented
- Experience working with Sheet Metal and Fabricating Vendors
- Work closely with manufacturing and operations to provide up to date status with incoming orders on a daily/weekly basis
- Direct/conduct consistent follow-up with vendors to determine status of orders
- History of qualifying potential vendors
- History of successfully negotiating the most favorable payment terms
- History of conducting frank, open vendor reviews with top vendors working to ensure the best possible situation for Thayer Scale
- Collaborative individual willing to be a team player with subordinates, executive team and peers.
- Proven ability to manage the current supply chain challenges and obtain the best outcome possible
- Extremely strong skills in the following areas: communication, leadership, business analysis, process and system development, administration, and change management.
- Thorough understanding of Supply Chain processes and systems and demonstrate financial understanding of materials and supply chain performance.
OTHER REQUIRED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build a high performance, result oriented, focused, and motivated team to provide world class services to customer.
- Ensure that material supply equals demand. Optimize overall cost of materials. Control materials from supplier to Operations and to the customer.
- Responsible for the accountability of inventory levels.
- Oversees the analysis and progression of the Supply Chain.
- Develop & implement effective and efficient Management System to gauge the department’s execution and performance, weekly reviews to identify and implement improvement opportunities to meet Company and
- Customer expectations
- Manages suppliers, materials, and planning to proactively improve on time delivery, planning methods, and other metrics.
- Participate in customer meetings and audits. Lead or support Business Development in response on
- Materials and Supply Chain efforts and new initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Business or related field
- Ten (10) or more years of purchasing experience.
- Five (5) or more years of management experience.
- Experience using and managing ERP systems.
- Proven supplier relationship and negotiating skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing and able to travel as needed to meet with suppliers and/or customers.
Employee competencies are: Job Knowledge, Teamwork, Customer Service, Flexibility and Work Ethic.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of ERP systems, Lean Principles, DFMA (Design for Manufacture and Assembly)
- Basic CAD drawing interpretation knowledge
- Ability to work well with a team
- Ability to maintain Company standards, security & confidentiality at all times.
- Strong negotiating skills re: cost reduction targets set/met consistently.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Good computer skills (ERP, MS Excel/Word).
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, i.e., deadlines, priorities, etc.
- Good communication skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office Products).
- Interpret and apply company policy and rules.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Work safely in industrial environments and abide by company policies.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for:
- Making observations.
- Reading and writing.
- Communicating with others.
ABOUT THAYER SCALE
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, short term and long-term disability, life insurance, and 401(k) with company match.
Thayer Scale – Hyer Industries is a privately held manufacturing & technology company, specializing in the manufacturing of equipment used for the continuous weighing and feeding of bulk materials for a wide variety of industries. The company has one of the longest uninterrupted operating records for engineering and manufacturing specialized continuous weighing and feeding equipment in the United States. Founded in 1949 in a garage in Rockland, Massachusetts and relocated shortly thereafter to the neighboring town of Pembroke on the south shore of Massachusetts, the company has maintained its original business philosophy, product line specialization, and operating structure for more than a half century. Employee turn-over has consistently been very low permitting the company to develop a highly experienced workforce in each functional area of the business. This high degree of stability, continuity of leadership and laser-sharp product focus has been fundamental to the continued technical advancement of our uniquely designed conveyor belt scales and gravimetric feeders. It has allowed the company to grow from its early roots to its position today as one of the global leaders in the continuous weighing industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, std, ltd, life insurance and 401K with company match.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all employee responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com