HEAVY INDUSTRY WEIGH BELTS
Thayer Scale’s Models “M”, ”MH”, “MDH”, “MD”, and “MDL” Weigh Belts are custom designed and built to meet the special requirements of heavy industry. First designed in 1964 for steel mill service to feed flux materials (limestone, mill scale, dolomite, iron ore pellets, fluorspar and coke), the Model “M” Series Weigh Belt has been subjected to the extremes of heavy duty industrial use; abrasive lumps, dust, corrosive fumes, wide temperature fluctuations, and vibration without any detrimental effects on accuracy, reliability and operation. Thayer Scale Model “M-LD” Weigh Belts are the standard for high volume, low density weighing such as wood fiber, rock wool, tobacco, foam rubber, as well as natural and synthetic textile fibers.
THAYER Heavy Duty Weigh Belts provide:
- Long term accuracy and reliability with low cost of ownership.
- Load transducers are located external to material flow channel.
- Weigh Bridge is insensitive to the accumulation of weight that accompanies tare build-up.
- Provides exceptional immunity to periodic overloads of uncertain magnitude that accompany particle jamming in the weighing region of the belt.
- Easily accommodates legs, and dust removal/scavenger systems.
- Accommodates a wide range of length and incline variation without significant changes in configuration.
- Individual carrying idlers can be repaired/replaced while the belt is in a fully loaded condition, without the need to remove skirt boards and/or de-tension the belt.
- Can be easily and economically adapted to support future capacity needs.
No other weigh belt design can provide an accuracy of ±1/4% over the wide application range THAYER heavy industry weigh belts serve. From wood fiber at 1.0-3.0 lb/ft3 to nickel shot at 150.0 lb/ft3. THAYER heavy industry weigh belts are truly “Built to Survive” providing long term accuracy and reliability.
Showing all 4 results