PCA-VIB for Electromagnetic Vibratory Feeders Power Control Assembly (PCA)
The Power Control Assembly (PCA) or Drive Controller is designed to accept standard AC Power Sources. This unit takes the incoming AC line voltage and converts it to an adjustable output voltage by means of an Electronic Drive Controller. The Drive Controller is controlled by either a Manual Speed Potentiometer or by an External Input Speed Signal and can be used in applications that meet the following specification ranges:
PCA-VIB-120 0-110 VAC Vibrating Tray Motors with a full load current rating of less than 15 amperes.
PCA-VIB-240 0-220 VAC Vibratory Tray Motors with a full load current rating of less than 15 amperes.
NOTE: Conventional electromagnetic vibrating tray motors (full wave rectification).
The PCA-VIB is a basic Analog Drive Controller package. As such, it will be necessary to provide the required operator interface controls or equivalent input contacts. These are as follows:
- Hand-Off-Remote Selector Switch or Contacts
- Hand Speed Adjust Potentiometer
- Remote Speed Adjust Signal (Programmable, accepts current or voltage)
- Hand Start Push Button or Contact
- Hand Stop Push Button or Contact
- Remote Enable Push Button or Contact
- Remote Stop Push Button or Contact
- Emergency Stop Push Button or Contact
These assemblies are also equipped with several outputs or report back contacts that can be used to monitor the status of the PCA-VIB. These are as follows:
- Instrument Interlock (Used for Thayer Scale Instruments)
- Drive Enabled/Stopped Contacts
- Remote Mode Selected Contact
- Drive in Hand Mode Contact (Requires optional operator station)
- Drive in Remote Mode Contact (Requires optional operator station)
The PCA-VIB is available with many standard and optional features, such as; open chassis and enclosed style options, universal enclosure mounting and latching options and Local/Remote Operator Station options (Refer to Table #1 for more details on these features). Each standard assembly contains a Locking Internal Power Disconnect Switch, Protective Fusing, Input/Output Connection Terminal Strip, Electronic Drive Controller, Motor Starter and other related components needed to complete a basic analog drive controller package.
|AC Line Voltage||50/60 Hz||50/60 Hz|
|AC Phase Requirement||Single Phase||Single Phase|
|AC Line Power||2500 Watts||5000 Watts|
|Full Load Output Current||0.2 – 15 Amps Maximum||0.2 – 15 Amps Maximum|
|Motor (Output) Voltage||20-110 VAC||40-200 VAC|
|Vibrating Frequency||3000/6000 @ 50 Hz or 3600/7200 @ 60 Hz|
|Operating Temp||0-45 degree C (32-113 degree F|
|Relative Humidity||5 – 95% Non Condensing|
|Altitude||Up to 1000 Meters (3300 feet above sea level)|
|Turn Down Range||50:1||50:1|