i340 Belt Scale Integrator
- Quarry King Conveyor Belt Scale Integrator
- Strain Gauge Load Cell
Thayer Scale’s new Model i340 Conveyor Belt Scale Integrator is a full featured instrument specifically designed to match with Thayer’s single idler “Quarry King” Belt Scale. It performs the same functions as an instrument costing many times more without sacrificing accuracy that is associated with THAYER weighing products.
Thayer Scale’s new Model i340 Conveyor Belt Scale Integrator is a full featured instrument specifically designed to match with Thayer’s single idler “Quarry King” Belt Scale. It performs the same functions as an instrument costing many times more without sacrificing accuracy that is associated with THAYER weighing products. Simplicity of use has always been a very important factor in designing an instrument and the Model i340 has inherited all the time and labor saving methods THAYER has developed over the years.
The Model i340 enables easy set-up, calibration and maintenance. Its intuitive menu interface is very easy to use. Step-by-step on-screen instructions guide the user through set up, calibration and customization of inputs and outputs. Multiple checks and balances built into the software virtually eliminates human error.
As an added bonus, the Model i340 Integrator contains special patented software package called “Virtual Weigh Span” Technology that has been specifically designed to be used with lower cost and lower accuracy single idler belt scales.
Imperfections in conveyor belting and its supporting elements can adversely affect weighing accuracy of belt scales. Virtual Weigh Span can be programmed to adjust for variations in the belt conveyor weighing system. Advantages include, higher degrees of accuracy and calibration to account for changes in the belt or belting system over time using non-mechanical adjustments. In addition, weight measurement error producing effects, some that may not be particularly known, may be reduced.
By selecting the Virtual Weigh Span feature it creates many of the performance benefits of having a multi-idler belt scale. With more idlers and corresponding longer weigh span, a belt scale becomes less sensitive to extraneous loading variations due to such things as splice-impact shocks, gust of wind, non-uniformity of belting weight, varying belt loading effects that are due to impressed belting curvatures (lack of flatness) that tend to decay or change inconsistently under operation, idler “wobble” effects due to T.I.R. (total indicator runout), and numerous other extraneous disturbances that can cause instantaneous measurement errors. Since a longer weigh span provides a greater degree of load averaging the scale’s response to loading changes is more gradual and its output signals used for downstream control actions (i.e. additive feeder control) exhibit slower rates of change that are more compatible with the response limits of the controlled downstream equipment.
Input Power Requirements
- Voltage Range: 120 to 240 VAC
- Frequency Range: 50 to 60 Hertz
- Phase Requirement: Single Phase
- Power Consumption: < 25 W
- Supply Protection: Fused
- Area Classification: Non-Hazardous
- Operating Temperature: 14 to 149° F (-10° to +65° C)
- Operating Humidity: 10 to 90% Non-Condensing
- Storage Temperature: -4 to 185° F (-20° to +85° C)
- Storage Humidity: 5 to 95% Non-Condensing
- Altitude Operational: Up to 2000 Meters
- Altitude Storage: Up to 3000 Meters (70 kPa)
- Cooling Method: Natural Convection
- Pollution Degree: 2
Standard Dimensional Requirements
- Enclosure Type NEMA 4X-12 (IP66)
8.5″H x 10.5″W x 4.125″D (216 x 267 x 105 mm)
Foot mounting kit adds 1.25” (31.75 mm) to height or width.
- Strain Gauges: (Typical 3mV/V)
- Excitation: 5 VDC Alt Square Wave @ 20-675 Hertz, 62.5mA, 85-1.2K Ohms
- Return:4 to 10.1 mVDC for 25 to 75 % Rated Capacity ( mVDC * Excitation VDC * Loaded Percentage)
- Resolution: 24 Bit A/D Convertor
- Power Supply: +12 VDC, Max Current 250 mA
- Frequency Limits:33 to 7500 Hz for 0 – 100 % Speed
- Sensor Output: Dual Channel Line Drivers
- Resolutions Typical: Pulses per Revolution = 20, 200, 800 and 2000
Ring Gear Pick-up
- Sensor Output: NPN Open Collector
- Resolution Typical: Teeth per Revolution = 60
Inductive Proximity Pick-up
- Sensor Output: NPN Open Collector
- Power Supply: +5 VDC, Max Current 1.5 mA
- Sensor Output: Digital pulse stream